North Road Rehabilitation Project
Project update for the North Road Rehabilitation Project:
- Work is near completion for the construction of Phase 2A which is the northern portion of the North Road/ Torrey Road round a bout. Rain has delayed the project for a couple days this week as the contractor works to do final concrete pouring for this phase of the project.
- On Monday October 7th, weather permitting, the contractor will pave the final asphalt wear course for Phase 2A.
- Weather pending, on TUESDAY OCTOBER 8th, the intersection of Torrey and westbound North Road will be OPENED TO TRAFFIC. The traffic pattern will be shifted to begin construction of the southern leg of the round a bout (Phase 2B).
- When the traffic shift occurs, Torrey Road at North Road will be OPEN to traffic. North Road westbound will remain OPEN to traffic. EASTBOUND NORTH ROAD WILL CLOSED FROM THE US-23 INTERSECTION TO POPLAR. Eastbound North Road remains open from Poplar to N. Leroy.
- The posted detour route for eastbound North Road from US-23 interchange to Poplar will be: Eastbound North Road to enter US-23 southbound, exit at Silver Lake Road to east on Silver Lake Road to Poplar to North Road.
- Access to the local businesses at the North Road/ Torrey Road intersection will be remain open at all times during Phase 2B construction. Driveways may be temporarily closed for concrete curing and signage will indicate where motorists may enter/exit the business.
- Phase 2B will take approximately 4-5 weeks to construct and traffic at the North Road/ Torrey Road intersection is expected to be completely opened to traffic by mid-November.