Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Beautification Commission meets the third Wednesday of each month.
APPOINTMENT: The Beautification Commission shall be composed of nine members appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council.
PURPOSE: To pursue and maintain beauty and strive for aesthetically pleasing surroundings in the City in the following manner:
(1) By promoting public education against the discarding of litter in our streets, alleys, sidewalks, gutters, parks and recreational areas or similar public places;
(2) By enlisting the active support of interested individuals, business, industry, schools and civic organizations;
(3) By encouraging developers, absentee owners, homeowners, tenants, and businessmen to accept basic responsibilities for preserving and enhancing the beauty of public and private places;
(4) To sponsor, plan, and promote special spring and fall fix-up, paint-up, and clean-up campaigns;
(5) To investigate, study, and recommend plans for improving the general health, sanitation, safety, and cleanliness of the City;
(6) To encourage the placing, planting, and preservation of trees, flowers, shrubbery, and to sponsor and promote Arbor Week;
(7) To sponsor a program of general improvement of appearance of all properties in the city.
The information you have supplied will be provided to the Beautification Commission, the City Council, and is subject to public disclosure under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act. If you have any questions, contact the Office of the CIty Clerk at 810-629-2261.
* indicates a required field